My wife is running MS Office Outlook 2003 under Vista. Within the
last several days, it repeatedly crashes with the message, “Microsoft
Office Outlook has stopped working. A problem has caused the program
to stop working correctly.”
Initially, she noticed it on send/receive operations. More recently,
we’ve found you can reliably produce it by trying to sync the calendar
either to a Treo handheld, or to Google Calendar.
Here’s what we’ve tried:
1. Reboot machine several
2. Run detect and repair in Outlook.
3. Run Scanpst.exe on her .pst files until it reports no
4. Archive large amounts of email and compress the .pst file to get
it smaller. (It was getting close to 2Gigs, but it’s now well under
5. Uninstall and reinstall Office 2003.
6. Create a new profile with no content from the old
.pst file. That
one crashed with the same error as soon as we tried to sync its
calendar with Google.
7. Disable Outlook addins (Google calendar sync and Norton anti-spam)
the error message and look for answers in multiple
7. Change permissions in the Norton Internet Security firewall for
Outlook from Auto to Allowed.
Nothing has worked.
The crash seems to come with the following pair of
messages in Event
Fault bucket 1177144235, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Cab Id: 0
Faulting application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 11.0.8169.0, time stamp
0x465f28e3, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time
stamp 0x4791a783, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000aada3,
process id 0x7d4, application start time 0x01c9a077342822f5.
At this point, I need help.