I have outlook 2007 and exchange 2010 and when a new user opens Outlook they
get the following error.
Cannot open your default email folders. You must connect to microsoft
exchange with the current profile before you can syncronise your folders with
your offline folder file.
Here is the sequence of events.
1. New user opens outlook for the first
2. Outlook finds thier domain credentials and goes looking for exchange.
3. Outlook finds exchange and configures its self
4. We get 3 grenn ticks, all is good.
5. Outlook then goes to start and we get the above error along with a small
window saying "Configuring outlook acounts"
what I have doen so far.
1. I have deleted the outlook profile via control panel and tried again.
2. I have rebooted the computer and tried again.
3. I have told ani virus to ignore PST and OST files.
4. I have tried creating a temp "test" domain acount and it does the same
5. I have tried going to another workstation and logging in with my domain
admin account and running outlook and get the same result. My normal machine
has an instance of outlook setup with my domain admin account and works fine,
though it was set up some time ago before all this started.
All has worked fine since we installed exchange 2010.
This hase only started
recently. There has been no changes to group policy in recent days.
It looks to me like a security thing. Outlook
and or exchange seem to think
you are someone else. If this is the case why does it auto configure fine the
Any more things I can try would be apreciated?
Is this an outlook thing or should I be posting in Exchange?
Thanks in advance.