Please help. There is a workaround/temp fix for this issue; however, we would
like to know why and how the problem occurs.
Summary: When users are using the internet fax utility within
they compose their message, File New Internet Fax. The user fills out the
message, includes a coverpage and inserts text on the body of the email
(coverpage). The MODI printer converts body & attachments and the user clicks
the 'Send' button. When the user looks into his/her sent items, the message
is empty. There is only the address field, To: & From:, and the subject field
"Sent from Microsoft Office 2003". There is no attachment and no email body
found. It appears that the tiff's converted by the MODI printer were being
cached, remained stored in the user's temp folder, and were not included in
the email message when sent.
1. Click on start - Search.
2. select 'All files and folders'. Enter the file name as fax*.tif.
4. When the search returns any results, right click on the fax*.tif file and
5. Note the folder where the file exists, for ex: the folder may be named as
'OLK552' or something that starts with OLK.
6. Go to C:Documents and SettingsUSERLocal SettingsTemporary Internet
Files 7. Add the folder name at the end i.e. C:Documents and
SettingsUSERLocal SettingsTemporary Internet FilesOLK552 8.
Delete all the files in the OLK folder.
9. Try sending the fax.
OR please try doing the following:
1. Using windows explorer go to C:Documents and SettingsUSERApplication
2. Search for any shortcut to folder named 'OLK552' or any folder that
starts with 'OLK'.
3. Go to that folder it usually is at C:Documents and SettingsUSERLocal
SettingsTemporary Internet FilesOLK552
4. Delete all the files in the OLK folder. And then try sending faxes.
Question: Why does this happen? Is there a
KB article or a hotfix for this
issue? We still have users who are reporting this problem, and would like to
make it more efficient and easier to provide them with a remedy.
Thank you in advance.