Outlook freezes straight after launching.
The Outlook window appears, my email messages load, then my Tasks appear,
then they (Tasks) disappear.
Then the mouse cursor disappears whenever I try to move it over the Outlook
pane (as though the cursor is disappearing under it).
Sometimes I get an error message saying â€śAnother application has the Switch
Identities or Identity Login dialog showing. Choose an Identity in that
dialog before launching this application again.â€ť
Nothing responds. If I right-click on the Outlook button on the Toolbar, the
â€śRestore...Minimize...Closeâ€ť dialog appears, but none of the choices does
Ctrl_Alt_Del => Windows Task Manager shows Outlook â€śRunningâ€ť and â€śEnd Taskâ€ť
shuts it down immediately.
1. Diabling virus scanning and firewall (Kaspersky)
2. Uninstalling the only Add-In (Cloudmark Desktop)
3. Running â€śOutlook Repairâ€ť (when it wasnâ€™t quite as bust as it is now)
4. Repairing Office from the Installation DVD
5. Removing and re-installing Office (twice) from the Installation DVD
6. Starting Outlook in â€śSafe Modeâ€ť from Start/Run
7. Going back to a Restore Point â€“ but these only go back 3 days, and Iâ€™ve
been wrestling with the problem for over two weeks now.
8. Repairing/tidying the Registry (with Max Registry Cleaner)
9. Requesting free â€śsupportâ€ť from Microsoft. But they want the Product ID
Number which their downloaded app canâ€™t retrieve, and I canâ€™t get at because
Outlook wonâ€™t start...
None of these makes any discernible difference.
I wonder if itâ€™s some sort of display problem, because the
gets sort of â€ścarved upâ€ť when I open other application windows over it.
My outlook.pst file is 236MB.
Everything else â€“ including all my other Office 2007 apps â€“ works just like
Iâ€™m running Win 97 Pro with all updates installed â€“ (I believe: I have
Automatic Updates turned on). Since everything else continues to work as
before, I presume details of my hardware are irrelevant, but if they can help
anyone to help me, Iâ€™ll gladly post them.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Any help much