One of our users is getting the following message when attempting to attach a
file to a message from 'My Recent Documents':
Not enough memory available to complete the operation. Close other
to make more memory available, and then try again.
1. The error message will not close on 'OK'; the user has to
go to Task
Manager; when she ends the e-mail message task, Outlook also closes.
2. There are no other programs open.
3. She can attach a file by going to the source folder.
4. She can open a document in Word from the 'My Recent Files' list.
5. We have adjusted the memory (Control Panel, System, Performance) to the
recommended setting and successfully performed a check disk.
I'm wondering if there is something buried (unseen)
in 'My Recent Files'
that is too big for Outlook to handle but I can't find a method to clear the
list (no... going to the Start Menu, advanced options, clear list doesn't do
it). Or could this be an indexing problem? Or... (I'm out of ideas).
I found instructions to clear the 'My
Recent Documents' list in Word via
regedit, but am inclined to think that clearing the Word listing will not
clear the Office listing, and I don't think its talking about the same list.
I realize that this is little more
than an annoyance since she can attach
files from the source folder, however, there may be some underlying issue(s)
that will show up unexpectedly in Outlook or some other application. Any