I'm finding that whenever I import contacts with phone numbers with leading +
signs, the + is stripped in Outlook.
So with phone numbers in the form +44, importing will just store them as 44.
The problem with this is I sync my Nokia N95 phone with Outlook and when in
this form, all of my numbers are invalidated and undiallable.
This doesn't happen with Outlook 2000, that imports
the numbers correctly,
retaining the +.
The exact reproduction steps I undertake are as follows:
1. In GMail, export contacts
in Outlook format, creating contacts.csv.
2. Open Import & Export wizard in Outlook 2003.
3. Import from another program or file.
4. Comma Separated Values (Windows).
5. Select correct file to import.
6. Select contacts folder.
After this, all contacts in the contacts folder are stripped of the leading +.
else had this problem or know of a workaround?