due to a multiple disk problem on the storage array where the Exchange
strore resides, I'm actually working with a slightly corrupted private
store. Apparently no data (or very few data) is lost, so restore from a
backup is not the best idea (even because in the meantime I tried several
things and 2 weeks are passed, so the last good backup is very old). The
syntoms I've on my Exchange Server 2003 SP1 are:
1) backup of the private store fails unexpectedly
2) several errors are logged on the Application event log, particularly
event IDs MSExchangeSA 2035, MSExchangeAL 8231, MSExchangeFBPublish 8207 and
others depending on the action I'm doing.
Particularly, the 2035 error is related to a custom address type that no
longer exist since long ago (was related to an old version of GFI Faxmaker
connector) and has been deleted from Recipient Plocies.
3) users cannot see free/busy informations of other users when creating
appointments in Outlook.
4) When I create a new account, the corresponding Exchange mailbox is not
Things I tryed to do:
- clone the drive with Ghost -> errors. Impossible to clone
- move the database files to a different drive -> ok for public store,
impossible for private store.
- create a new private store and move all the mailboxes to this new one ->
ok, apart for few mailboxes where I got a MAPI corrupted error. But the
above problems still remains (including creating new mailboxes on the new,
I thinked about moving the bad mailboxes usign exmerge, but if I cannot
create a new mailbox, I don't know how to achieve this (I'll be able to
save, but not to restore).
Another bad thing is that the store still resides into a critical RAID array
and I've no idea how to move it.
Any help is very appreciated.